We use different types of cookies on our Site. We only need you to consent to some of the cookies we use. ‘Strictly necessary cookies’ and ‘Functionality cookies’ are needed to provide the cashback service offered to you, so these are exempt from the requirement to obtain your consent.
We ask for your consent for ‘Analytical cookies’, ‘Targeting cookies’ and the cookies dropped by the affiliate networks (more information about affiliate network cookies is in the ‘Affiliate Network’ section of this policy).
You can withdraw your consent at any time by deleting all cookies on your devices and / or by changing the cookie settings of your browser or device. We need to make you aware that if you do this, some parts of our Site and other websites and mobile apps will not function correctly if you disable cookies. This may mean you will not be able to claim any cashback.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers, it contains no personal information such as your name or email address. The cookie is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies may be placed on your device by Wipdidoo, which are ‘first party’ cookies. Cookies may also be placed by another party, such as our marketing partners or social media platforms. These are called ‘third party’ cookies. Where targeting cookies are placed by third parties, any information collected by them will be used in accordance with their own privacy policies, you can find out more on their websites.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences such as favourite merchants.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. These cookies help us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. If the cookie is set by a third party, this type of cookie may also be used to create profiles of your general online behaviour. The information collected by tracking cookies is then used to serve you with tailored online advertising. We allow approved third parties to drop these cookies via our Site for the purpose of collecting tracking information.
When you click through to a retailer from our Site, your browser redirects via an affiliate network which drops a cookie on your computer. The cookie stores tracking information so that when you visit a retailer via our Site, any purchases made will result in the retailer reading this information. The retailer will then send us information about your purchase, at which point we can then credit your account. No personal information such as your name or email address is involved in this process. We recommend that you enable cookies in your browsers to make full use of the Site and to ensure that any purchases on third party sites are recorded.
Whilst the affiliate network cookie isn’t dropped by us, we just wanted to tell you about it before you use our Site to make a transaction. By continuing to use our Site you agree to third parties such as affiliate networks and retailers featured on our Site using cookies for the purpose of tracking and awarding your cashback.
Wipdidoo uses Facebook (and its products, including Instagram) for advertising and includes a ‘Facebook pixel’ on the Wipdidoo.ie website to improve targeting of ads to make them relevant and to improve efficiency. These pixels also allow Wipdidoo to measure the effectiveness of Facebook advertising.
If you log into Facebook after visiting our website, or visit Facebook while still logged in, then Facebook will assign this site visit to your personal Facebook account.
We are unable to draw inferences regarding your identity as a user from the recorded data. The collection and processing of the data by Facebook complies with the provisions of the Facebook Data Policy. If you would like more information in regards to this, please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
Should you object to the Facebook Pixel recording your data in order to present Facebook ads to you, please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy where you can turn off user data based ads. You must be logged into Facebook to access these settings. The settings will apply across all devices that you use Facebook on.
Some cookies are essential in order to use the Site, and if you do reject cookies this may affect the functionality of the Site meaning that your cashback may not track and content may not work properly.
You can choose which cookies you’d like us to store on your device by updating your browser settings. Each browser allows you to restrict or block cookies in different ways.
To find out more about cookies such as; managing the cookies or how to see what cookies have been set on any of the browser types listed below.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
Please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.